Gyms and Fitness Centers Re-Open in Florida!
Our dojo reopens on June 2 under the conditions set by the state of Florida's phased reopening plan. Those conditions include maintaining physical distancing by reducing the normal capacity of classes and equipment, and frequent cleaning and disinfection of high-touch surfaces (between each use, in the case of mats and exercise equipment.)
We have updated our class schedule and training appointment types to help each student return to a training routine in the way that works best for you. We will continue hosting online classes, sometimes in combination with in-person training so you can join a dojo-based class from anywhere! In addition, we are adding options to reserve time in the dojo to train on your own in individual, family, or small groups.
Students re-entering the dojo during Phase 1 must agree to the following:
- Maximum capacity for classes or camps will be 16 students.
- We will allow time between group classes for cleaning, and to avoid crowding as one group exits and another enters.
- Students are encouraged to use the Zen Planner Student App to sign in, to avoid using a shared computer.
- High-touch surfaces such as door handles and bathroom fixtures will be disinfected between classes.
- Soap dispensers will be exchanged for a hands-free type. All students will be asked to wash hands before and after training.
- To maintain physical distancing, our bowing-in routine as well as many training routines will be adjusted. Each student will have a minimum of 2 tatami (2 meters squared) in which to work. Exceptions will be made only for dedicated training partners (siblings or other partnerships who consent, in writing, to physical contact with one another during this period.)
- We will clean mats and other practice equipment after each use (between students and between classes.)
- We will temporarily disable the water dispenser in favor of individual water bottles. Please bring your own drinks, if you can.
- Students are advised to stay home if you:
- have a fever, even if you feel well otherwise (a touch-free thermometer will be added to our first-aid kit)
- have any condition causing you to cough or sneeze frequently
- have lived or worked with anyone known or suspected to have had COVID-19 in the past two weeks
- have travelled to areas not yet beginning re-opening, in the past two weeks
- We will not ask students or staff to cover their faces during practice. Students may train whether or not they make a practice of wearing a face covering. If a need arises for close contact during phase 1 of re-opening, we do have a limited supply of gloves and masks in the first aid kit.
Please take all of the above into consideration as you decide how and when you would like to re-enter the dojo. If you have any concerns about this plan, please contact email@example.com